I switched on my Lenovo desktop PC and a message popped up to state updates were being configured. Once the log in screen eventually appeared and I entered my password, I expected the Windows 8 home screen and tiles to display, however my screen is just totally black. I managed to close down by using ctrl alt and delete and then switched on again but the same problem occurs over and over again. Any suggestions on what might have happened and how to resolve please. - Rank: 109 - Votes: 0 - Views: 8 - Updated: 2014-08-27
If I try to enter a password at the login screen or press the power button,
Windows freezes up. Therefore I cannot restart in safe mode. - Rank: 108 - Votes: 0 - Views: 7 - Updated: 2014-08-27
After a couple of months of battling with blue screens, I finally decided to wipe clean my girlfriend's computer. It had worked perfectly before.
It's a Asus Vivobook Q200E.
I tried to restore it by using the restore partition on the hard drive, and after following the simple instructions it started its thing. But after 10 minutes it got stucked at 'Resetting your PC (18%)'. It's been over two hours and no apparent change.
There's no sound coming from the PC, and the circle just keeps spinning. Any ideas how to solve this? Or get past this problem?
- Rank: 105 - Votes: 0 - Views: 5 - Updated: 2014-08-25
When I change the language on the touch keyboard (surface Pro 3 ) the language input changes correctly.
However when I change the language on the attached Surface keyboard the language input doesn't change.
Pressing the windows button and the space bar shows the language as changed, BUT it remains in English.?
- Rank: 104 - Votes: 0 - Views: 4 - Updated: 2014-08-25
- No dual boot on the pc
- Yes I tried the automatic repair but with the ISO disk. I don't have an installation disk because I bought the update for Vista to windows 8 online from Microsoft. The automatic repair has been tried in different circumstances. I made the ISO disk after installing windows 8. Later on I upgraded the pc to 8.1.
- After trying to reinstall everything seems to have run succesfully. However, when retrying, the same message reappears without any improvement.
- Prior to the problem, no HWchanges have been made on the computer. I installed utorrent and later I tried to download an example of a torrent (I don't remember which one). Then the problem accured.
- Rank: 123 - Votes: 0 - Views: 20 - Updated: 2014-08-22
Tried to repair my Microsoft office and it give's me this code 30027-4 along with something went wrong. Everything that I do it says something went wrong.
- Rank: 120 - Votes: 0 - Views: 17 - Updated: 2014-08-22
Issue started after an automatic update. I was on a flight and had to put the laptop away, so I just closed the lid to sleep it.
Next use, it tried to restart and was stuck at the notorious 12%. After 15 minutes it would go to sleep, and the cycle repeated.
After several cycles, now it goes straight to the Failure Configuring... page. It has been sitting there for hours.
This is an HP Pavilion g7 with Windows 8 preinstalled. It didn't come with a boot disc. The security software is the Norton package that came preinstalled. No actions produce a response. I can't get to Desktop by putting the cursor at lower left, can't open the Search and Power menu by going to upper right. Swiping in from left or right does nothing. F8 does nothing. Windows + R does nothing. I can force a shutdown by holding the power button; afterwards powering on goes to the hp logo briefly, then I'm back where I was.
2nd question, if I can somehow get the computer to respond, can I install an earlier version of Windows, as W8 simply does not work reliably?
- Rank: 136 - Votes: 0 - Views: 31 - Updated: 2014-08-20
I have a product key to upgrade digitally to Windows 8, but when i run the assistant, it says that it isnt available for my country, i'd give a screen shot but XP doesnt have the Snipping Tool. - Rank: 135 - Votes: 0 - Views: 30 - Updated: 2014-08-20
My PC with windows 8.0 PRO installed has been working fine, however suddenly I get a screen come up saying - Activate windows and offering a link to go to PC settings - when I get to this screen it states Cannot activate Windows now please try later,
Is this a virus or what?
Pc seems to be running ok. - Rank: 106 - Votes: 0 - Views: 6 - Updated: 2014-08-18
Every time start laptop will beep 2 sounds from hardware there....why like this?get problem with this or not? mine is asus n56j, i just bought it. - Rank: 106 - Votes: 0 - Views: 6 - Updated: 2014-08-18