Changing Configuration and Disabling Windows XP Services
How to stop a Windows XP service getting started automatically at system startup time, or disabling a Windows XP service?
If you want to change the configuration of a Windows XP service, or disable a Windows XP service, you can follow this tutorial.
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2. Double click "Services". Services Management Console window shows up.
3. Select the service that you want to stop, for example "Print Spooler".
4. Click right mouse button on "Print Spooler" and select "Properties". The Print Spooler Properties dialog box shows up.
5. Select "Manual" from the "Startup type" drop down list as show in this picture: .
6. Or select "Disable" from the "Startup type" drop down list.
7. Click OK to save the changes.
2015-12-03, 32322👍, 1💬
How to connect your computer to a wireless router? Here are the steps of how to connect your compute...
How to tell Apache server to transform (rewrite) URL? Assuming that you have your Apache server runn...
How to set up Windows Media Center on Windows 7? On a new Windows 7 system, you need to follow these...
Can I remove startup application "tfswctrl.exe - Sonic Drive Letter Access Component" to speedup my ...
Understanding HelpSvc.exe, "Microsoft Help Center Service" - part of the "Help and Support Center" a...